ACAF’s membership consists of Asphalt producers and Associate Members and Affiliate Members – all working in or supplying materials and/or equipment for use in the Asphalt Industry.
ACAF is the voice of the Asphalt Industry before the Florida Legislature, Congress, and State government where it advocates the efficient spending of transportation revenue and quality construction that promotes motorist safety, relieves congestion, and improves traffic flow.
The Association provides its members with new and innovative information relating to asphalt and construction specifications. ACAF works closely with FDOT to formulate specifications for asphalt and construction that improve the quality of the HMA and are reasonable and constructible. Along with technical assistance, staff provides quality construction training, technical support, and in house training upon request. ACAF is an active participant in the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) projects and works closely with the National Center of Asphalt Technology (NCAT) and the Asphalt Pavement Alliance and works closely with the National Asphalt Pavement Association, the Asphalt Institute, and the State Asphalt Pavement Associations, Inc. on mutual goals and activities.
Must own and operate a Asphalt plant(s)
- Asphalt and bituminous material suppliers,
- Aggregate producers and suppliers,
- Asphalt Contractors (Non-Producer)
- Special Materials
- Asphalt plant and laydown equipment manufacturers/dealers,
- Striping and Pavement Marking Contractors,
- Maintenance of Traffic Suppliers,
- Testing Laboratories,
- Liquid Binder/ Aggregate Haulers
- Insurance/Surety Companies, and
- Advanced Technology Laydown Equipment Suppliers.
- Terminal Owner/ Operators
- Fuel Suppliers